Saturday, March 14, 2009

A new lifestyle...



I have settled into Santa Monica CA rather easily. I find myself a bit of a beach bum at heart and im finally embracing it. Many would argue that ive always had that mindset, just not the climate to accompany it. Here in the mornings i find myself driving up the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) just as the sun rises. Numerous cars adorn the shoulders with surfers of all ages strewn about. 10 year olds shredding waves on their short boards and 60 year olds making love on a long board. "Dudes" seem to hang in the air here accompanied by a once over and eventually a smile. Surfers are very territorial and like to protect their breaks so any new comers like myself have to tread lightly but once they see you catch one most barriers come down. Its lovely feeling and a wonderful sight. I dont know why i didnt come here sooner.

I still plan to report on my roadtrip which i will do soon.

No comments: